Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights Full Album
Title: Southern Nights
Style: Rhythm & Blues, Piano Blues, Funk
Category: Soul / Blues
Date of release: 1975
Label: Reprise Records
Catalog number: MS 2186
Size MP3: 1706 mb
Size FLAC: 2131 mb
Baritone Vocals – Carl BlouinBass – Richy PowellDrums – Clyde WilliamsGuitar – Teddy RoyalSaxophone – Gary Brown Tenor Vocals, Alto Vocals, Flute – Lon PriceTenor Vocals, Flute – Jim Moore Trombone – Lester CalisteTrumpet – Steve HowardTrumpet, Flugelhorn – Clyde Kerr, Jr.
|4||When The Party 's Over||2:33|
|8||You Will Not Lose||3:25|
|9||Cruel Way To Go Down||3:25|
|10||Back In Baby's Arms||4:45|
|13||What Do You Want The Girl To Do?||3:36|
|MS 2186||Allen Toussaint||Southern Nights (LP, Album)||Reprise Records||MS 2186||US||1975|
|MS 2186||Allen Toussaint||Southern Nights (LP, Album, TP)||Reprise Records||MS 2186||US||1975|
|MS 2186||Allen Toussaint||Southern Nights (LP, Album, RP)||Reprise Records||MS 2186||US||Unknown|
|WPCR-729||Allen Toussaint||Southern Nights (CD, Album, RE)||Reprise Records||WPCR-729||Japan||1996|
|REP-54.021||Allen Toussaint||Southern Nights (LP, Album)||Reprise Records||REP-54.021||Netherlands||1975|
- Art Direction – Ed Thrasher
- Backing Vocals – Deborah Paul, Joan Harmon, Sharon Neborn
- Bass – George Porter, Jr. (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Congas – Alfred Roberts (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Drums – Joseph Modeliste (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Engineer – Ken Laxton, Roberta Grace
- Guitar – Leo Nocentelli (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Illustration [Cover Illustration] – George Stavrinos, Push Pin Studios
- Organ – Arthur Neville (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5)
- Photography By [Liner Photo] – Bob Merlis
- Producer – Marshall Sehorn
- Written-By, Piano, Vocals [Uncredited], Backing Vocals, Producer – Allen Toussaint
Santa Maria pressing
STEREO printed on the labels, like promo label image, no timing-per-side on label
Produced for Sansu Enterprises, Inc.
Published By Marsaint Music, Inc. (BMI)
℗ 1975 Warner Bros. Records Inc.
Reprise Records, A Division Of Warner Bros. Records Inc. Made In U.S.A.
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (A-side label): 31,741
- Matrix / Runout (B-side label): 31,742
- Matrix / Runout (A-side runout, etched): MS 2186 31741-1-1A 3A 1S
- Matrix / Runout (B-side runout, etched): MS 2186 31742-1 1B AB 1S
- Matrix / Runout (Both runouts, stamped): TML-M
- Recorded At – Sea-Saint Studio
- Mixed At – Sea-Saint Studio
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Warner Bros. Records Inc.
- Produced For – Sansu Enterprises Inc.
- Published By – Marsaint Music, Inc.
- Mastered At – The Mastering Lab
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Santa Maria
Southern Nights is a 1975 R&B concept album by Allen Toussaint. Two singles were released in support of the album, Country John backed with When the Party's Over and Southern Nights-Toussaint's signature song-backed with Out of the City. Although neither single charted for Toussaint, Southern Nights as later covered by. Southern Nights. Allen Toussaint. CMRRA, Warner Chappell, EMI Music Publishing, LatinAutor - SonyATV, LatinAutor - Warner Chappell, LatinAutor и другие авторские общества 4. Southern Nights - Allen Toussaint. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Southern Nights - Allen Toussaint, Bernard Purdie. Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights 1975. To favorites 2 Download album. Listen album. Songs in album Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights 1975. Allen Toussaint - Last Train. Allen Toussaint - Worldwide. Allen Toussaint - Back In Baby's Arms. Allen Toussaint - Country John. Allen Toussaint - Basic Lady. Allen Toussaint - Southern Nights. Allen Toussaint - You Will Not Lose. Allen Toussa. For its 1975 sequel, Southern Nights, he went even further out, working with producer Marshall Sehorn to create a hazy vague concept album that flirted with neo-psychedelia while dishing out his deepest funk and sweetest soul. It's a bit of an unfocused album, but that's largely due to the repeated instrumental filler, usually based on the theme of the title song, that pops up between every two or so songs, undercutting whatever momentum the album is building. Listen free to Allen Toussaint Southern Nights Last Train, Worldwide and more. 10 tracks 32:59. Allen Toussaint January 14, 1938 November 10, 2015 was an American musician, songwritercomposer, record producer, and influential figure in New Orleans R&B. Many of Toussaint's songs became familiar through versions by other musicians, including Working in the Coal Mine, Ride Your Pony, Fortune Teller, Play Something Sweet Brickyard Blues, Southern Nights, Everything I Do Gonna Be Funky . Released May 1975. Southern Nights Tracklist. Last Train . Southern Nights Remastered Version. Preview Preview. Follow Allen Toussaint and others on SoundCloud. This item:Southern Nights by Allen Toussaint Vinyl . In Stock. Ships from and sold by . Life Love & Faith by Allen Toussaint Vinyl . American Tunes Vinyl2LP by Allen Toussaint Vinyl . Only 7 left in stock - order soon. Containing some of the best songs he's ever written, Southern Nights is Allen Toussaint's 1975 'swing for the fences' attempt at an all out masterpiece. Somewhat of a concept album, with reoccurring instrumental themes usually based on the title track popping up between songs, this album spawned at least two hits for other artists